Home Staging is professionally preparing a home to show in its most attractive light to the broadest number of potential buyers to sell it more quickly and for more money. The home must be a place where possible buyers can see themselves living . It is difficult for people to imagine themselves living in the home they are viewing when they are distracted with family photographs or the rooms are cluttered and buyers cannot see the true size and features of the space.
Here are 21 reasons why Home Staging works:
1. Statistically, home staging results in a higher selling price.
2. Statistically, home staging results in selling a home quicker.
3. A home stager can offer an impartial opinion of the home where the homeowner may find difficulty.
4. Home staging offers a competitive edge over the other homes on the market.
5. The cost of home staging is usually less than the expense of the first price reduction.
7. Home staging adds flair to a home which can act like “eye candy”, making the home more desirable.
8. Home staging is necessary in a buyer’s market because there are a large variety of homes to choose from.
9. A staged home will typically increase the number of scheduled showings.
10. Staging is not decorating – decorating is optional. Home staging is preparing the home to appeal to the largest number of buyers.
11. Home staging gives a “stale property” a fresh, clean look.
12. A staged home will show better in online photos and web media.
13. Home staging can increase the perceived value of the home.
14. Home staging will highlight the home’s greatest architectural features.
15. Staging shows that each room has a clear funtion.
17. A home stagers is able to give more attention to detail which is sometimes difficult for the homeowner.
18. Stagers give the entire home an organized look and feel.
19. A home stager is up to date with current design trends and colors.
20. Because there is less “stuff” in a staged home, the homeowner is able to keep the home neat for showings.
21. Staging creates focal points which draw attention to particular features of the home.
Contact Lori Dickert for any and all of your home decor questions, as I am always happy to help! You can also connect with me on my Home Staging & Redesign Facebook Page for daily tips about home ownership, home maintenance, decorating, preparing a home for sale, and much more!