The 4th of July holiday is a great time to be in the Lehigh Valley because there are so many firework shows and events to celebrate our independence. Whether you’re spending the holiday with family, friends or both, you won’t be disappointed no matter which location you choose. When you hear the telltale sound of fireworks, look up, you are bound to see them even if you are not able to get to one of venue’s!
July 4th Fireworks
- J. Birney Crum Stadium, located at 21st and Linden streets in Allentown will host 4th of July entertainment that starts at 5:30 pm, with the fireworks show beginning around 9:20 pm. Admission is free, but a donation of $5 per family and $2 per adult is welcomed in order to help pay for the cost of the show.
- Also in Allentown, head to Coca-Cola Park for the 7:05 pm IronPigs vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees game, followed by a 3-D fireworks show.
- One of the most popular firework shows in the Lehigh Valley happens at Dorney Park at 9:30 pm in Allentown.
- Bethlehem hosts an annual 4th of July show at Sand Island that starts at 7:30 pm with The American Legion Band performing a free concert, followed by the fireworks show that starts at 9:00 pm.
- Also in Bethlehem at Levitt Pavilion at SteelStacks, the Allentown Band performs a show at 8:00 pm, followed by fireworks.
- There will be a fireworks display at Memorial Park in Quakertown at 9:30 pm.
July 4th Events
- The George Taylor House, located at 35 S. Front St in Catasauqua is home to a reading of the Declaration of Independence at 10:00 am, followed by an honor guard salute.
- An Old Fashioned Fourth of July picnic starts at 10 a.m. in Macungie at the Macungie Memorial Park with a parade, followed by duck race in the creek (11 a.m.; $5, per duck). There will also be fire department and ambulance corps displays, a contest and games, entertainment, and more. The Macungie Band performs at 11:30 a.m.
- The Nazareth Area Chamber of Commerce will holds a Fourth of July celebration starting at 9:30 a.m. with a kazoo parade that forms at the Nazareth Area High School on East Center Street. The parade ends at council chambers and will feature entertainment by Lehigh Valley Idol, The Dream Kids, and grand marshal Abbe “Miss G,” the Kazoo Lady of Woodstock.
Do you know of other firework locations or 4th of July events happening in the Lehigh Valley? Please let us know in the comment section below!
Contact Barb Bottitta for any and all of your Lehigh Valley area questions, as well as real estate needs, as I am always happy to help in any way that I can! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Lehigh Valley area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
Here’s a look at the homes for sale in the Lehigh Valley.
This blog post written for the Barb Bottitta Team of Lehigh Valley Home Experts, Realtor.
Other Client Blogs – get a taste of how I could blog for you and your business!